Spring Salad - Recipe 001
As Spring seems to finally be approaching, we wanted to come up with a meal that referenced the transition from Winters’ stillness, to the period of activity and new growth. Taste profile is clean and crisp, with a touch of zest from the dressing. It’s light, fulfilling and energizing - perfect for an afternoon meal.
The highlights of the dish are the Creamy Garlic dressing, the thin wispy sprouts, Baby Spinach and salty & nutty marinated Tempeh.
- 4 Tbsp Vegenaise (grapeseed version recommended)
- 2 Garlic cloves - medium size, finely diced
- 1/4 of a Lemon - juiced (fresh lemon)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Pinch of fresh Dill
- 3 Cups Baby Spinach (estimate by eye)
- 2 Carrots - matchstick cut
- 1 Jar Artichoke hearts - roughly chopped (in water, un-marinated)
- 1/2 Can cooked Blackbeans (or cook your own)
- Red Onion - thinly sliced
- 1/2 of a Beet - raw - matchstick cut
- Sprouts - onion, radish and/or clover mix
- Tempeh - marinated w/ soy sauce, ketchup & sesame oil (recipe coming soon)
Mix the dressing with the all ingredients (excluding Tempeh and sprouts) in a separate bowl.
Place on bed of Spinach, add Sprouts and top with Tempeh. Serves 2.
*We bake our Tempeh on a cast iron skillet with a small amount of oil for crispiness.
This is our version, but you may want to add/exchange certain ingredients to your taste, or seasonal offerings.
If you have any specific questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to share.